Well, I've officially been back in work for 4 days and my class is dreamy beyond dreamy! Lin and I feel like we could video them on what this philosophy of education is supposed to produce....for example, when asked about what our reader's workshop should "sound like" they said: "pages turning" and when asked what it should feel like they said: "peaceful, restful, understanding, like your mind is in another world, and powerful." Hehe! I am delighted. I am under no illusion that all days will be this fab, but if this is any indication, it's going to be a fantastic year in the 5th grade! :)
I cannot, however, take any credit for this as I've had them 4 days, so I'd like to give a shout out to the teachers K-4 that have created such amazing learners.
Ok, cheesy teacher exuberance over. Enoy the pics...
Our "foyer" area when you enter the room...oh so tidy!

Reader's Workshop
I wish Mrs. Rietz was my teacher! Do you think I will be able to talk my high schoolers into participating in a readers' workshop?
ReplyDelete