Saturday, November 17, 2007

Halloween Virgins


this is my stalker picture from our living room window of the kids and parents across the street from our home at the beginning of the festivities


our budget costume of Liverpool soccer player and ball: total cost was $1.15!


I was so excited to see a raptor costume! I had to take a pic of these two girls after telling their mother that "I love the costume and I love eagles, too." Her response: "Then you all (you and my two year old child) have something in common I guess." - clearly, she thought I was a bit unusual...


I am finally getting around to post about our first Halloween with trick-or-treaters...truly, I have never seen a neighborhood so rally around a holiday. After a group party for families and kids in the cul-de-sac across the street, the masses streamed onto front porches to collect their booty en-mass while the moms and dads stood at the curb with their cups and bottles filled. As David noted, "I guess Halloween isn't just for kids anymore." Yep.

1 comment:

  1. Wow...that certainly is a halloween rally! I must shamefully admit that this year I was "that" loser adult that didn't have candy for the kids. I mean really...who knew they did that in Denmark??? I must have some international kiddos in the building. I had nothing...NOTHING...to offer so I hid in my apartment...oh the shame! Luckily it was only one set of trick-or-treaters...I shall be prepared next year :)

    ReplyDelete