Friday, December 21, 2007

Ode to Mailing

Oh how I loved thee, my UPS Store,
My gifts shipped to TX for Christmas? You swore
they'd arrive well before the big day.
so I carried your torch, but to my deep dismay,
it appeared back on my porch!

Then I turned to the good old USPS,
adding the "extra postage required"
to my Denmark address.
Days later, I discover, with horror and dread,
that a 41-center suffices instead.

Is it holiday time that brings our your wrath?
Or perhaps a simple deficiency in math.
Whatever the case, I have lost all the love,
next Christmas perhaps, I'll mail out via dove.




this is the actual card CP received in DENMARK with only one stamp - her sender didn't even write the country name on the card...what the heck in going on with the mail?

2 comments:

  1. How much do I LOVE that my postal anomoly made your blog...hilarious! Sorry that USPS is causing so much stress, but congrats for getting all your presents mailed out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did you acquire a picture of Miss Parker's mail?

    Love the poem though - I'm interested to see how many of my Xmas cards were returned to me for various reasons.

    Merry Christmas and happy 2008!

    ReplyDelete