That's right...its March fourteenth - 3/14 at 1:59 for those of you who want to get very precise!
Below is a song I make my students sing on this all important day:
Pi Day Time
(to the tune of Silver Bells, starting at "City sidewalks…")
Random digits,
Endless digits
Transcendental in style,
In the air there's a feeling of Pi Day.
Children laughing,
People graphing,
Worry-free for a while,
And in every math classroom you'll hear…
Three one four…
One five nine…
It's Pi Day Time at (our school!).
Three one four…
One five nine…
Savor those numbers, today!
LOL, right? I'm sad not to be celebrating with my kids as its a workday, but I figure the blogging community could send out a little love towards pi - "one of the most important mathematical constants" according to wikipedia...
P.S. - it's also the birthday of Mr. Albert Einstein...cool, huh?
our geometery students celebrated pi day! I helped by eating a nice slice of pecan pi with them! I will definitely share your wonderful song with our geometery teacher. Hope you and Dave are well!
ReplyDelete