Thursday, June 12, 2008

Another One Bites the Dust

Hooray! I am finished with school yet again. And I have to say this was one of the best endings yet - it felt smooth and healthy and celebratory and I was definitely less enmeshed with my kiddies so I didn't cry too much (ha!). I am starting to ease into summer and feeling oh so thankful. I close this post with the following quotation from Gary Blackwood's The Shakespeare Stealer (our final read aloud text)...it feels just right to mark the end of a journey:

“Throughout my time in London, I had picked up a dozen new and useful terms…but the words that had made the most difference to me were the words I had heard before and never fully understood their import—words such as honesty and trust, loyalty and friendship. And family. And home.”

1 comment:

  1. What a fantastic quote! Great for ANYtime! I love that... I think I will write it down to keep for a rainy day. Thanks for the inspiration! (by the way, thanks for loving teaching so much - gives me hope for our future!)

    ReplyDelete