Well, Lin and I were in Shakespeare-heaven as we watched Romeo and Juliet on the Green Uptown Saturday evening. The weather held out despite the fact that we drove over there in the most rain Charlotte has seen in a while. We decided, as recent directors of this play, that a few of the decisions about cuts were strange - for example, Friar Laurence was completely absent from the last scene! I mean, who cuts his "I will be brief" mother-long monologue?! Overall, the production was quite lovely -- we especially enjoyed Romeo and Mercutio. Below are some pics from the performance and some stalker photos of Lin and I with some of the actors (hahaha)...


the balcony scene

me and juliet

lin and brave mercutio

me and romeo
this may be the weirdest comment you've ever receieved... first off, I found you on Anne's blog... who I found on Chrys' blog - ANYWAYS... the guy playing Mercutio, I worked with him about 5 years ago and have wondered WHERE he's at... Now I'm off to google...
ReplyDeletewe worked at a theatre in Louisville together. He was doing his acting apprenticship. Great guy! Do you know him personally?
hahaha - don't know him personally - just loved his work and promptly stalked him post-show! thanks for your comment...do you know cousin anne?
ReplyDeleteI don't know her personally... I only stalk her blog and her adorable children :-)
ReplyDelete