Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Cyst Sisters

have I had an adventurous past few days...after having some weird, prolonged pain and burning in my hip flexor, I decided to go to the Urgent Care this past Sunday. The doctor was not so hopeful and his only explanation for the nauseau, dizziness, and burning I was feeling was an infected lymph node.

On Monday, the pain had moved up into my abdomen and the intensity increased considerably. I called my doctor and his nurse said I needed to come in the next day so he could run some tests. So yesterday, I went in to the doc at 345 and he said "you've got me worried, emily." yikers. after drawing blood and looking at my pee, he decided it was either a cyst, my appendix, or my gallbladder and that I needed a "stat" cat scan with imaging dye. yikers. So sweet dave picked me up and we headed up to the hospital where I was admitted for the quite tedious (and somewhat scary!) ct scan process. I then had to wait for the results at the hospital, iv port in arm, just in case I needed to be admitted for surgery. yikers!

after all of that hubbub, the results were "scattered cysts" and all my internal organs look good. The pain should go away in a few days, but man, are these little buggers painful.

I am laying low today and taking it easy. I now have complete empathy for all of my friends and fam who've endured this in the past. it's terrible!

the best quotation from the ordeal belongs to my sister, ellen: "Well, if it's a cyst, we can be more than sisters - we can be cyst sisters." how yuck is that? well, smells, you got your wish...


my id band from the hospital...how official am i?

1 comment:

  1. Ouch! You better have gotten plently of rest and tlc. Hope all the pain is gone by now.

    ReplyDelete