Thursday, January 01, 2009

New Year Thoughts...

As I was lying on my mat before yoga class today, I started to think about the new year and all of the resolutions that come with it. For me, resolutions can feel a bit daunting - like something I know I should do, but I often get so caught up in analyzing my resolutions (is that really a "resolution" or is it a move to change something I don't like about myself? is my resolution unique and interesting? is my resolution realistic? how many resolutions is "right?" etc.) I usually just give up.

So this year, I resolve to ditch the resolution and have daily hopes for living well. SO...each day I hope to:

intentionally attempt to love myself and others well

find some levity

be "half full" (instead of the debbie downer who sometimes lurks within)

choose to trust

So happy new year to you - or should I say happy days...?

1 comment:

  1. i love you and i love your "daily hopes" for this new year....missing you.

    ReplyDelete