Sunday, April 11, 2010

Sister

Over Easter weekend, I traveled to LA to be with my sister. An added bonus was spending time with Liz, Bill, and the girls. While I was there, I couldn't shake this amazing feeling of peace and rest. It's not that we did anything particularly peaceful or restful either - it is the reality that being with Ellen makes me feel safe and whole. Being with her is being in the presence of someone who just gets me.

In the past months, Ellen has been on the receiving end of tears and drama and laughter from me and she not only accepted it, but welcomed it -- all without judgment. I am thankful every day that we have the relationship we have. I know that all sisters do not.

Enjoy the pictures from our weekend ... the stage shots are Annabelle singing on Easter Sunday. An egg hunt followed by a lovely Easter brunch rounded out our Easter Sunday. I also appreciate the crying Ivy in the forced family shots. Hehe. The shots of Ellen and John in front of big windows are from J's new office! And yes, in case you were wondering, Shep and I dominated at Banagrams.

Easter Weekend

No comments:

Post a Comment