Friday, July 16, 2010

Thank you lawn people...




Dave and I are sitting in line waiting to leave the parking lot after the John Mayer concert. There is also a young girl peeing to our left behind a rock. She thinks she's hidden, but she's not.

Anyhoo...man, what a show. I've always liked his music - definitely put a track or two on playlists now and again - but I didn't realize what a passionate and talented musician he is. He plays with an authenticity and commitment that is, frankly, inspiring. I also appreciated his candor...before his last number he thanked the audience for coming - "I know money is tight and I'm not exactly a new artist - it means a lot to me that you all spent your cash to come hear us." Classy.

Then he amped up the class by playing his encore on a make-shift stage in the middle of the lawn seats. Super impressive. You can imagine the volume of teenage girls' screams at this point in the evening.

At the risk of sounding quite indulgent, I'd like to thank John Mayer - for enteraining us, noticing the little people, and inspiring me to wonder about living from your soul.

Oh dear-there's another squatter. Hehe.

No comments:

Post a Comment