Thursday, December 01, 2011
Thanksgiving
Charlie and I ventured to Dallas for Thanksgiving last week and my family indulged me by serving Charlie up on a platter. I mean, come on, he is so stinking cute.
And, while it was not our typical Thanksgiving celebration, it was a lovely, restful few days for which I am thankful. Atypical loveliness included Thanksgiving lunch at Braum's, watching Robert interact with Charlie, Ellen and Dad seeing the Cowboys in person, a spa day with my sister, seeing precious Brooke, and eating lots of Mexican food. The harder atypical parts were to be expected, but even in those places, I felt loved.
In the book I'm reading now, the author makes an allusion to this Leonard Cohen quotation: There is a crack in everything, that's how the light gets in. So I am grateful for my somewhat-cracked Thanksgiving and I am grateful for the light it let into my soul.
Enjoy the rest of our photos in the album: http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=8IcuWLlo5cMPu
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Wow...LOVE that quote - There is a crack in everything, that's how the light gets in.
ReplyDeleteSo insightful you are dear friend! Glad you had a good Thanksgiving!
oh my goodness, look at him! i could actually eat him. love those words. love you more. can't wait for you and charlie to come meet his girlfriend.
ReplyDelete