I must confess that I poo-poo-ed those of you who swore that "every stage is better than the last" when it comes to child rearing, but so far, I am eating my words. Toddler Charlie is delightful. He is full of life and light, and he is unequivocally the light of my life. Between a year and a year and a half, Charlie fell in love with dogs, discovered Elmo and requests Elmo's Music Magic ad nauseum ("I want Elm!), became quite a picky little eater, picked up lots of new words, and embraced his adventurous side. He is forever climbing up and on top of things, asking to be outside, exploring anything that opens and closes - be it door or cabinet or closet or toilet.
He has the best laugh. He has the best heart. He is inquisitive. He is a reader. I want to remember that he still sleeps with his doggie every night, turns pretty much any rectangular object into a "tel-phone" to play with, and loves the classic kid songs (twinkle, twinkle, pat-a-cake, itsy-bitsy spider). I want to remember that he is obsessed with his Kavita Auntie, loves his best girl Carter, and has become difficult to rally in the morning. I want to remember that his personality is coming on strong as well as his preferences. He has taken to insisting on certain books and lullabies at night, and he can throw a full-on fit in a matter of seconds. Crocodile tears and all.
In lieu of the monthly pictures with Charlie's elephant, I decided that every six months or so, I'd put together a little video album to document the ordinary moments of his growing up...so here is precious Charlie from twelve to eighteen months...
No comments:
Post a Comment