Sunday, August 05, 2007

Continuing Education...

Way back in July, I headed off to Lake Placid, NY with four of my colleagues to attend a 4-day conference on the teaching of and best practices in literacy these days. The highights of the trip were spending time with the TES girls, hearing Carl Anderson (the anti-Steve Carrel and an expert in conferring with writers), and a crazy adventure over air, land, and ferry to finally arrive at our destination. The lowlights were getting lost (an hour on the wrong highway :0 ) on the way home, a total deinal by the U.S. Bobsledding place when we called to make our reservation (they were closed during the times we were there) and a disappointing performance by a few of the other presenters....enjoy the pics!


eating (finally) at a random bread and coffee shop in the middle of nowhere on our way to the ferry


cruising in our hot rental mini-van


Jenny finally gets to go to the cash bar


the resort lobby

1 comment:

  1. Emily! Thanks for checking out my blog. :) I loved getting a comment from you. I'm enjoying yours and thanks for the book recommendations. Ten Thousand Splendid Summers is a really, really good book- I hope you enjoy it. Also I'm so excited to see pics from Carla's wedding! How fun! I'm so happy for her. Hope you and David are doing well. Love, Lindsey

    ReplyDelete