Perhaps election day should be called "the day of angst." It seemed that so many people I spent my day with were hyper-emotional. From nervous to nippy to jazzed, the range was loud and proud. I for one am so excited for this two-year long drama to be closing up this evening. The judgment and angst that comes out of political debate and banter is not my cup of tea. If my students are any sort of soothsayers, mr. obama will be our next president. But I have to say I spent the majority of my day breaking up arguments about the "best" candidate.
Yuck. Where is love, faith, and trust? There is no perfect candidate nor perfect country. There is, however, the chance that people choose to be peaceable, to respect the vast differences in ideology, and think about what it means to live in America and to love one another well. That's all from this independent poltico...happy-almost-over-election day!
Nothing good/bad about the candidates... I'm overjoyed that it's all over... just in general, the whole "season" is just not fun. I just hope everyone channels all of their energy into turning this country around... with proud Americans and our faithful God, I know we can do it.
ReplyDelete