Saturday, December 10, 2011

Eight Months

Charlie celebrated eight months of life in Dallas over Thanksgiving so our photo shoot  was a little delayed.  Just as well as the older he gets, the less willing to sit beside his elephant buddy. As you can tell he was everything from non-plussed to "get me outta here, mom."  It's so wild to remember when the elephant was bigger than he was.





Charlie's eighth month brought more teeth (he's up to 7), crawling with impressive speed, pulling up now and again, rejecting any green foods, and sleeping until about 4:30/5:00 most mornings.  I want to remember that in this month he figured out how to crawl between rooms, that he'd rather play with the seat belt on a chair or someone's shoe lace than any toy in the house.  I want to remember how he crosses a room with determination and then pops up to sitting with his big toe flexed to examine whatever it is he has retrieved.  I want to remember his smile that just seems to get bigger and how he's beginning to follow people around rooms.  I want to remember how he burrows into shoulders and gives coquettish looks to pretty much anyone.  I want to remember how just plain cool he is and how when I think my love for him couldn't possibly get bigger, it does.  Happy eight months, kiddo. 

1 comment:

  1. Happy 8 months Charlie!! Sending lots of love to you and your momma!

    ReplyDelete