Saturday, June 18, 2011
Three Months
Time flies when you are raising a newborn, yes? Hard to remember when he was such a little nugget.
Charlie turned three months old yesterday and was pleasantly smiley for the big photo shoot with mom. (see below) He has quite possibly the cutest gummy smile I've ever seen and continues to be super active and wiggly. The rolling over has subsided for now as he has bulked up to 13 pounds and can't figure out how to move all that weight around yet. Heh.
He has also discovered his hands and is grabbing like a mad man in addition to trying to put his whole fist in his mouth - what is that about? I must admit I find it sort of gross but I hear I should be happy about self-soothing techniques. I'm still debating.
Eating is going well though he's not digging the bottle these days - must work on that in preparation for my return to work in august. He is playing more independently and for longer periods of time (hooray for the activity mat) which is fun to watch and his face continues to be hilariously expressive. The whole sleeping at night bit is still a bit of a bear due to his crazy intense startle reflex when sleeping on his back. I've finally started napping him on his tummy and he sleeps beautifully but don't have the cajones to put him down at night like that. Thus, we are up and down and up and down. This too shall pass, I know. Good thing he is pfc. I continue to stand in awe of how much I love this little person more and more every day I know him. Happy three months, baby Charlie. Love you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment